package (#21) - Error with librouting_dd when creating functions (#374) - Message List

Error with librouting_dd when creating functions

Today (2010-07-22) I compiled and installed pgrouting on Ubuntu 10.04 server with postgres-8.4 and postgis 1.5 When I tried psql -f /usr/share/postlbs/routing_dd.sql [database] my postgres server stopped. The log shows this event as:

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'CGAL::Assertion_exception'
  what():  CGAL ERROR: assertion violation!
Expr: -CGAL_IA_MUL(-1.1, 10.1) != CGAL_IA_MUL(1.1, 10.1)
File: /usr/include/CGAL/Interval_nt.h
Line: 158
Explanation: Wrong rounding: did you forget the -frounding-math option if you use GCC?

As using Ubuntu 10.04 I did use GCC 4.4.3 for the build. The build gave no errors, only a warning

Scanning dependencies of target routing_dd
[ 25%] Building C object extra/driving_distance/src/CMakeFiles/routing_dd.dir/alpha.o
[ 33%] Building CXX object extra/driving_distance/src/CMakeFiles/routing_dd.dir/alpha_drivedist.o
[ 41%] Building CXX object extra/driving_distance/src/CMakeFiles/routing_dd.dir/boost_drivedist.o
In file included from /usr/include/c++/4.4/backward/hash_set:60,
                 from /usr/include/boost/graph/adjacency_list.hpp:25,
                 from /home/install-bin/pgrouting/extra/driving_distance/src/boost_drivedist.cpp:25:
/usr/include/c++/4.4/backward/backward_warning.h:28:2: warning: #warning This file includes at least one deprecated or antiquated header which may be removed without further notice at a future date. Please use a non-deprecated interface with equivalent functionality instead. For a listing of replacement headers and interfaces, consult the file backward_warning.h. To disable this warning use -Wno-deprecated.
[ 50%] Building C object extra/driving_distance/src/CMakeFiles/routing_dd.dir/drivedist.o
Linking CXX shared library ../../../lib/librouting_dd.so
[ 50%] Built target routing_dd

Hope my information helps to solve this problem. Will check in (and SVN checkout) later ;-)

Bye from the Netherlands

• Message #1595

Hi Martin,

This looks like this problem here: http://pgrouting.postlbs.org/ticket/204

Unfortunately there is no solution yet. It only seems to happen with 64 bit OS.

• Message #1597

Thanks Daniel, for looking into my problem.

Sorry I didn't find the ticket myself. I am not very much into bug-reporting and such on projects like this. Learning on the way ;-)

Next time I will try to find first if there is already a ticket concerning my problem.

Kind regards,

Martin

• Message #1598

Hi Martin,

No problem at all. It also took me some time to find the ticket again ;-)
        But it's good to know that this is the same problem and not another one.

If you can find out any reason for it, that would be probably help a lot of people. You could make many friends. Anton or I haven't found any solution yet, but unfortunately can't put much effort in it at the moment because of other work. So for now we have to count on the community.