osm2pgrouting (#24) - add OSM ID to routing tables (#288) - Message List

add OSM ID to routing tables

I've been successful in using osm2pgrouting to import OSM data into postgresql. My setup is Ubuntu 8.04, postgresql 8.3.

Am I right in thinking that the ID columns created in the 'nodes' and 'ways' tables just increment by 1 for each new feature imported, and do not correspond to the unique IDs used by OSM in their database and XML (.OSM) files?

It would be great if osm2pgrouting included the OSM ID (and not too difficult to implement?) in the nodes and ways tables, either as an additional key, or as the primary key. Any chance of including this in future releases?

osm2pgrouting is a great tool by the way - thx for creating this. Dave

• Message #1049

hey - having some reference to your osm data would be great! Especially it would be easily possible to create your own cost function based on the osm data.

a couple of months ago i wrote a small sql functions, which references the pgrouting data with the openstreetmap data (e.g. planet_osm_line - when using osm2pgsql) using the geometric relation. But this function is quite slow. To be honest i first tried to implement that in source code - but failed.

• Message #1050

hey the_nerdling, see Entry 279, there is a patch which fixes our problem!