osm2pgrouting (#24) - Trying to parse data. Please help! (#221) - Message List

Trying to parse data. Please help!

im run command:

./osm2pgrouting -file /d2/planet-090204.osm -conf mapconfig.xml -host 78.111.80.59 -dbname osm -user postgres -clean

host=127.0.0.1 user=postgres dbname=GeoBase? port=5432 connection success

Trying to load config file mapconfig.xml

Trying to parse config

SE for <configuration>

SE for <type>

SE for <class>

...... SE for <type>

SE for <class>

class name = roundabout

class id = 401

class id = 401 name = roundabout added to type name=junction

Trying to load data

Trying to parse data

and no tables created in database except "geometry_columns" and "spatial_ref_sys". Wheres probem?

• Message #789

./osm2pgrouting -file /d2/planet-090204.osm [...]

May I ask how big your OSM file is? If it's too big this might happen: Message #770

• Message #793

How i can split osm information in to smaller peaces?

• Message #794

If you don't need the complete world but just one country for example, you can download the OSM XML file from CloudMade?:  http://downloads.cloudmade.com/

If you just need the data of a certain extent, you could use the import function of JOSM editor and export the data then.

• Message #1036

i need to import osm data from europe. Even germany for example is too big for osm2pgrouting tool. Whats the best way to import whole europe ?

• Message #1037

What I did when the OSM file was too big, I increased the Swap partition.

• Message #1046

i have 20 GB of data. have i to import the whole osm file at once or is there a way to split it so importing step by step works ?

i tried to import two osm files one after another. that didnt work, only the first imported data was visible in the db