package (#21) - Problems adding routing_core (#117) - Message List

Problems adding routing_core

Finally i fight all night with the server and run cmake and make with no problems.

I create postgres table and add postgis functions with no problems, following the ubuntu 7.10 tutorial, but when i try to add routing functions psql said:

root@gis:/export/gis/pgrouting# psql -U postgres -f /usr/share/postlbs/routing_core.sql bsas CREATE TYPE CREATE TYPE psql:/usr/share/postlbs/routing_core.sql:32: ERROR: could not access file "$libdir/librouting": No such file or directory psql:/usr/share/postlbs/routing_core.sql:43: ERROR: could not access file "$libdir/librouting": No such file or directory psql:/usr/share/postlbs/routing_core.sql:53: ERROR: could not access file "$libdir/librouting": No such file or directory CREATE FUNCTION

what is the error in the "$libdir/librouting" line? Any have an idea?

Thanks!

• Message #428

Are you using Ubuntu 7.10 as well?
    Are you using the SVN trunk version?

If you're using the trunk version, try once:

# cmake .
    # make
    # make install

• Message #429

The Ubuntu is the 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon cmake . make and make install works okay in trunk version but said the same error described above.

Any idea?

Thanks!

• Message #430

Well, could you find the routing library copied somewhere on your system, ie. in "/usr/lib/pgsql/"? You could link it then to a directory, which is your standard directory for libraries. The default directory usually depends on your system settings.

There were some problems in previous releases with certain system configurations, and the path for libraries wasn't recognized correctly. This should have been solved with the current version in SVN trunk directory. Are you using a 64bit or 32bit system?